2017年托福考试口语范围预测试题三篇2017-07-27 17:06 来源：网络综合
Which of the following would you choose as a final project for a course? A paper, a presentation, or a video.
- Reasons to choose writing a paper
o Learn other knowledge through researching online
o Improve writing skills (eg. spelling, grammar)
- Reasons to choose doing a presentation
o Learn to create power point presentations
o Improve public speaking skills
- Reasons to choose recording a video
o Details can be expressed more directly (eg. non-verbal languages)
o Not as time-consuming as the others
Do you agree with the following statement? We should help our friends only when they ask for help.
- Reasons to agree
o He probably doesn’t need my help or doesn’t even want me to know about it
o Shouldn’t be helping out before learning about all the details
- Reasons to disagree
o He’s probably too shy to ask for my help
o When I encounter problems in the future, he might be the one offering help without me asking
1. Your friend feels nervous speaking in front of a large group of audience, what suggestions would you have for him?
- Recite the lines so he won’t forget them
- Rehearse in front of his friends, practice makes perfect
- Rest well so he’ll probably feel more energetic and confident
2. Talk about the differences between two school you have attended. Please include specific details in your answer.
- Things to compare
o Reputation (ranking)
o Number of students
o Teachers and other facilities
o Courses offered
o Clubs and varsities
3. Talk about the disadvantages of moving to a new city. Please explain your reasons with details.
- Lack of friends
- Gotta spend time to learn how to get around (transportations)
4. Describe what your life would be like living without a cell phone for a month. Explain why with details and examples.
- More time to spend on other activities such as reading or socializing
- Will miss some important phone calls
- Won’t be able to get up-to-date information such as news and other events
5. Describe a serious problem that your country is facing. Explain why this problem is serious with details.
- Air pollution caused by disposal of electronic devices
- Traffic congestion problems
6. Which of the following classes would you prefer to take if you were to learn about the Italian culture? A cooking class, a film class, or a history class?
- Reasons to take a cooking class
o I’m a foodie and I’d like to learn the ingredients in spaghetti or other Italian foods
- Reasonsto take a film class
o I love movies and I can learn how to speak Italian and other cultural aspects
- Reasons to take a history class
o I am fond of reading documentaries and I can learn about the details through reading texts
7. If a foreigner comes to your country, what would you suggest him to take home?
- Souvenir such as keychains
- Exclusive collectibles such as a coffee mug from Starbucks
- Anything you think might be least expensive
8. Talk about an occasion in your country when people give gifts to each other. Describe the occasion and the type of gifts with details.
- Valentine’s day (chocolate/flowers)
- Chinese New Year
9. Which of the following characteristics of yours do you think your friends value you the most? Cheerfulness, kindness, or intelligence.
- Cheerfulness because your friends enjoy being around you
- Kindness because you can be helpful to your friends when you’re needed
- Intelligence because you can step up and help them on their homework
10. Recall an argument you have had with others. Please describe the details of the conflict.
- What to argument about
11. Describe one thing you have done recently which you had never imagined you would do ten years ago.
- Joining a varsity
- Accepted by a college
- Working for a company of your dream
12. Your friend always shows up late for group events, what suggests do you have for him? Please explain with details.
- Take subway to avoid traffic congestion
- Take a taxi to save time
- Ask friends for help
2. Describe a change in your school that was initially considered by students as having negative effects on their life but later proved to be positive?
3. If your university is going to invite someone to give a speech, who do you think they should invite? A businessman, a scientist or a politician?
4. A lot of experienced and inexperienced climb mountains every year, which one of the following adjectives would you use to describe this experience? Adventurous, frightening or foolish?
5. Which one do you think has much more impact in reducing the environmental contamination. Government, organizations or individuals.
6. Talk about a volunteer work you enjoy doing, explain why you enjoy it in details.
7. Among the following types of books, which do you dislike the most? Romantic books, science fiction, or biography.
8. What should parents do to help their children to succeed in school?
9. Which of the following three do you think is the most important for a great working environment? Friendly coworkers, flexible hours or a helpful boss?
10. Which of the following study methods do you think is the most productive? Having discussions with friends, reading textbooks, or writing reports.
11. which one of the following would you donate your money to? Choose one, and explain how would you use the money: community charity, environment protection, animal rescue.
12. 你觉得你的朋友最喜欢你的哪方面：cheerfulness, kindness, intelligently.三选一
13. Among study, exercise and go shopping, which one would you like to do alone and why.
14. Imagine the situation where you can’t use computer or have no access to internet for a month. How will your life be different? Use details and examples to explain.
15. Should students be required to evaluate their professors at the end of each semester?
16. In every culture, there are some customs or traditions from the past that young people no longer follow. Describe a custom or tradition which formed in the past but you wish it is still popular today. Give specific reasons why you wish it still popular.
17. which of the following classes is the most attractive to students 1. Sound engineering 2. History of rock music 3. Film studies
18. Describe what the government should do to solve traffic congestion?
19. Talk about a special event that you recently participated in with your families and friends. Describe it in details.
20. Some schools require students to finish a reading list during school breaks. Talk about the advantages and disadvantages of this requirement.
题目1：Describe a behavior that many people may do in public that you find inconsiderate.
参考答案：Ever since the civilization of the modern society, people pay increasingly more attention to their behavior in public. From my perspective, I deem talking loudly in public can be extremely inconsiderate. Primarily, talking very loudly can distract others. During a meeting or any other formal occasion, talking loudly may interrupt other speakers and audience, as well as their mind. This will definitely decrease their efficiency and can be absolutely impolite. Also, talking loudly will get others annoyed. On a crowded bus or subway, speaking in a high volume, especially on the cell phone, can make the environment noisy and could offend others.
题目2：There is going to have students TV show, which show would you like to watch. Please Give your reasons.
A. Interview school leaders
B. Students debate on political and social topics
C. Comedy about school life
参考答案：Different people have different ideas. In my opnion, I would definitely prefer a debate on political and social topics. Primarily, as a modern global citizen, it's always important for us to be informed about the international hot spot. Through this kind of debate young students get to know the background of Turkey's ongoing referendum as well as the secret of the belt and road.
It's rather essential for us to get a bigger picture of the ever-accelerated development and modern society. What's more, the debate enables students to expand their scope of knowledge and widen their horizon, which aids them to have a better understanding of their academics and major. Those kind of soft skills will help a lot in their career life later on.
题目3：The university decides to remodel the dormitory and add a new space to it. Which space do you recommend to add in your dormitory ?
2. Study room
3. Game room
参考答案：Among all the choices, I definitely consider cafe a better decision. Primarily, for young students who live fast-paced lives, cafe is an awesome choice for them to relax. Sitting down at one of the tables with dim light and hot latte, they get to chit-chat with their friends or meet new people. Killing time at the cafe and have a hot dog to soothe the stomach between classes is absolutely a wonderful choice and this enables students to re-focus on their schoolwork even more after the short break. What's more, cafe not only serves as a place to relax, but it also plays the role of a comfortable study place. Without walking all the way to the library, students can have group project meeting or just study with a few friends in a warm and pleasant environment, which can save them a lot of time and increase their efficiency.
题目4：Many people think that students study course materials more effectively by taking exams, while others think that students learn more effective through doing other activities such as writing paper or completing projects, which do you think is more effective for students to learn.
参考答案：People's answer might differ significantly from one or another towards to this topic. As for me, my favor definitely goes to do other activities. Primarily, activities like writing papers and doing projects can give us a holistic view of the course. Besides the textbook and study material, we get to do more research and dig deeper to complete these tasks. Not only can we expand our scope of knowledge, but we may get a better picture as well. What's more, without the pressure of exams or quizzes, we can plan and finish study in our own pace. We don't really need to only focus on exam related points, but we may go through each and every points, so as to achieve a better result.
题目5：Some people want to change their appearance, even by surgery. Do you agree or disagree? Give your reasons.
参考答案：With the fast pace development of the society, it seems to be a tendency for people to pursue better appearance even through surgery. From my point of view, I can not see eye to eye with this kind of opinion. Primarily, I tend to believe the original appearance is the best. Even though science and technology have advanced quite a lot in the recent decades. However, it's still not 100% safe for us to change the appearance in extreme ways, surgery for instance. I would never take the risk to do something I don't consider a necessity. Also, appearance is never the most crucial factor of a human being. Individuals are judged or viewed as a multidimensional person instead of just their face. Thus, to become a better person. I'd rather enhance my soft skills and pursue an interesting soul.
题目6：All people should be required to stop working and retire by age 65. Do you agree or disagree?
参考答案：People always seem to live under the illusion that retirement can be a huge deal and negatively affect our lives. However, from my perspective I do consider this a wise choice. Primarily, for the ever- accelerated society as whole, it's crucial to have young, talented people joining. Equipped with the most up to date knowledge their acquired at school and the fancy ideas, they are the ones to move the society a little further. Not to mention, the brand new industries like IT need their innovation. Thus, for nations, they need more youngsters, instead of the ones older than 65. For individual, retirement is not the end but a whole new beginning. Without being tied down to the tedious and repetitive work, we get to spend more time with family or explore around the world; we get to develop our hobbies of baking and reading my favorite George Orwell. In short, retirement gives us more time to ourselves.