Part One Vocabulary and Structure
Directions: There are ten incomplete sentences in this pαrt. For each sentence there αre four choices marked A， B，C and D. Choose the one that best completes the sentence. Mark your answer on the ANSWER SHEET with a single line through the center.
1. I realized I had let myself in something from which there was no turning _____.
2. You are to stay at the hotel where rooms _________for you.
A. have been booked
B. are booked
C. would be booked
D. were booked
3. If you ______to my advice， you wouldn't be in this mess right now.
C. had listened
D. would listen
4. Those close to him are _________ that he hopes to stay on till the end of his term.
5.Working women haven't left the family role behind: now they are _____to work even harder to do both.
6. Modem technology has brought ______communication between people far apart.
7. Under no_______ are children allowed to tell lies to their parents.
8. We need a more capable leader, _____with a strong will as well as good humor.
9. The lectures，_____ the current hot issues， were well received.
A. that coverer
D. to cover
10. Being an intelligent boy， he ______such a foolish mistake.
A.needn't have made
B. can’t have made
C. won't have made
D. wouldn’t have made