离我远一点

2008-04-21 00:46:00   无忧考网     [ 字体: ] [ 文档预览 ] [ 文档下载 ]

SCENE② A 吉娜在艾文的隔间附近遇到他

  Zina: Hi, Elvin. How are the new programmers I got for you?

  吉娜: 嗨,艾文。我帮你找来的新程序设计师如何?

  Elvin:Stay away from me.

  艾文:离我远一点。

  Zina:Are you still mad about your nose? How is it?

  吉娜:还在气你鼻子的事啊?鼻子还好吧?

  Elvin:I'm serious, Zina. 1) Back off. I have a bottle of pepper 2) spray in my pocket.

  艾文:我是认真的,吉娜。给我退后。我的口袋里有胡椒喷雾器。

  Zina:That won't be necessary, Elvin. Look, I want to 3) apologize for your nose. I'm sorry.

  吉娜:没这个必要吧,艾文。听我说,我要为鼻子的事跟你致歉。对不起。

  Elvin:Why are you being so nice to me? Don't think for a second that I trust you.

  艾文:你干嘛对我好?你别以为我会相信你。

  语言详解:

  A: I apologize for calling you this early in the morning.

  我很抱歉这么一大早就打电话给你。

  B: This had better be an emergency.

  这是很要紧的事。

  「mad about 为……生气」

  mad about 有两个主要意义,一个是上面对话中所表现出的“生气”,另一个是“沉迷、热衷于”。例如:

  I guess they're mad about the performance of their baseball players.

  我猜他们是为了他们的棒球员表现而气愤不已。

  Rose is quite mad about Andy.

  萝丝相当着迷于安迪。

  A: Did you say Jack wasn't mad about our spending more than 100 dollars of his money?

  你是说杰克没有为了我们花掉他一百多块钱而生气吗?

  B: Right. Because Jack is mad about you. Aren't you aware of that?

  对的,因为杰克爱慕你。你没有感觉到吗?

  换句话说,“mad about+人”是“着迷、爱慕某人”“mad with+人”才是“生某人的气”。例如:

  She has been mad with me for a week.

  她气我已经气一个星期了。

  1) back off 退后

  2) spray (n.) 喷雾器

  3) apologize (v.) 道歉

离我远一点.doc
下载Word文档到电脑,方便收藏和打印[全文共984字]
编辑推荐:
下载Word文档
相关推荐