1. Describe a time when you learneda new subject.
2. Which method do you prefer infinding a job.
3. Which of the followingactivities do you think is the most beneficial for a child’s growth? Doing teamsports, talking with others or traveling?
4. Which of the following wouldyou rather be? Lawyer, veterinarian or restaurant owner. Explain your answer indetails.
5. Your community center nowoffers classes on the weekends for free. Which of the following class you willchoose to take? Give reason to explain your choose. 1) A financial course tohelp you manage money, 2) Car maintenance and repair 3) Review ofLatin-American music.
6. Describe a person you want tolearn more about, explain why you want to know more about this person indetails.
7. Your friend is coming to yourcountry for studying, but he or she is worried about the cost. what are theadvices you can offer?
8. What is the most importanthabit that parents can teach their children?
9. changing its food service toinclude healthier food with lower calories. What do you think are theadvantages and disadvantages of this change?
10. Your university is planningto replace paper books with electronic books, what is the advantage anddisadvantage of this plan?
11. What is the one style ofclothing that the students in your school tend to wear? Why you like this styleof clothing? Include specific reasons and details in your response.
12. Describe why organizing timeis challenging for university students and why it is important.
13. Talk about the mostimportant characteristics of a good apartment or house. Explain your answer indetails.
14. Which one do you think isthe most effective way to learn? Taking notes, discussing with classmates,repeating and reciting.
15. Many countries careabout improving the educational system. How do you think the government shouldimprove the educational system in your country.
16. If you had to volunteer fora project, which one would you choose? planting trees, cleaning up city,recycling? Use details and examples in your response.
17. Which of the followingqualities do you admire the most (or would be most interested in getting?) Artskills, language skills or sport skills? Use details and explanations in yourresponse.
18. Do you think it’s a goodidea for students to work for a year before entering university?
19. Do you think collegestudents should be allowed to keep pets in their dormitory?
20. Which of the followingquality is the most important for someone to be successful? Being highlymotivated, hardworking or intelligent.
21. Your friendis always late for group events, what suggestions do you have for him?
22. Describe aserious problem that your country is facing. Explain why it is so serious.
23. Which ofthe following activities would you do with friends rather than alone? A. takinga walk, B. watching a movie, C. traveling
24. Which ofthe following library volunteer work would you choose? Helping people find theright material, reading to kids, or keeping bookshelf organized?
25. What doyou do to deal with homesick when you are away from home? Please includespecific reasons and examples to support your answer.
26. Yourfriends often feels nervous when speaking in front of large group of people.What suggestions would you give to your friend to overcome this fear?
27. Which typeof movie is not enjoyable for you to watch: action, romance or science fictionmovies? Please give your answers with specific examples and details.
28. Someschools require students to finish a reading list during school breaks. Talkabout the advantages and disadvantages of this requirement.
29. Describethe differences between two schools you’ve ever attended. Please includespecific reasons and details in your answer.
30. Describe askill you have already learned and want to improve. Describe what you plan todo to improve it.
31. If youhave an opportunity to travel to outer space, will you take it or not? Pleasegive specific reasons.
32. Teachingquality is very important to a university, what about other significantfactors? Which one would you choose in the first place and why? 1. size 2.price 3. location
33. What’s themost important quality a good neighbor should have? Please include reasons anddetails to support your response.
34. Somepeople prefer to learn about current events from watching television newsprograms. Others prefer to read about current events in newspaper or on theInternet. Which do you think is better and why.
35. If you canhave a part time job at the university, what position would you choose: a labassistant, a campus tour guide or a library assistant? Please give specificreasons.
36. Yourfriend is always late for group events, what suggestions do you have for him?
37. Describe aserious problem that your country is facing. Explain why it is so serious.
38. If a foreignercomes to your country, what would you advise him to take home?
39. Which ofthe following activities should the university give rewards to its highperformance? 1. Volunteer service 2. Athletic achievement 3. Academicperformance
40. In your countrywhen do people give gift to each other? Describe the occasion and ty pes ofgifts.
41. Which oneof the following characteristics does your friend value most: cheerfulness,kindness or intelligence? Please choose one and use specific reasons and examplesto support your opinion.
42. Do youagree or dis agree the statement that we should let children use the computersor other electronic devices as early as they can?
43. Which kindof extracurricular activity would you like to attend if you have a chance:writing essays for students’ newspaper, joining a hiking club or working in thedormitory discipline committee?
44. Describethe most important decision that you have ever made. Please include specificdetails in your answer.
45. Describe agift you would like to give to someone. Please answer the question withspecific details.
46. How canyou ensure that you can finish the assignment on time when the studyingworkload is heavy? Please include details in your answer.
47. Describeone thing you didn't want to do but you were asked to do. How was the result?Please explain with details.
48. What’syour favorite school subject? How does it become your favorite? Please giveyour answers with specific details.
49. Describe afriend of yours. Explain how you become friends. Please include details in yourresponse.
50. Describean interesting style of clothing in your country. Please use specific details.
51. Which oneof the following qualities do you think a good school should have? Students wholike to help each other, knowledgeable teachers or strict rules?
52. Which oneof the following jobs deserves a higher salary? Teacher, policeman or nurse?
53. If youruniversity is going to invite someone to give a speech, who do you think theyshould invite? A businessman, a scientist or a politician?
54. If yourparents have some extra money, how would you like them to spend it?
55. Talk aboutthe advantages and disadvantages of eating fast food?
56. Which oneof the following volunteer work would you prefer doing? Tutoring children,driving senior citizens around or teaching adults to read?
57. The schoolallows students to keep pets in their dorms. Do you think it as good or not?
58. There arethree history subjects, choose one that you would like to learn, history ofscience, art history, history of the 20th century?
59. Which ofthe following community service would you be more interested in doing andexplain why? Cleaning the city park, planting flowers and trees or building abicycle lane?
60. Your friendwants to relax during the weekend. What suggestions would you give to yourfriend?
61. What arethe disadvantages of moving to new places?
62. What's thebiggest problem during the course of studying as a student? How do you usuallydeal with it?
63. Which of the followingis the most effective way of learning: studying from textbooks, having adiscussion with a group or reading articles written by others.
64. If you can have apart-time job at the university, what position would you choose? A lab assistant,a campus tour guide or a library assistant?
65. Which of the followingactivities would you do with friends rather than alone, taking a walk, watchinga movie, or traveling?
66. Talk about what you liketo do during spare time.
67. Your friend has a badeating habit. What suggestions would you like to give the friend?
68. Which of the followingjobs would you like to do? Actor/actress, computer programmer, or businessowner.
69. Which of the followingthree activities you would
70. Which of the followinglibrary volunteer would you want to choose to do? Helping people find the rightmaterial, read to kids or keeping bookshelf organized.
71. Describe a person inyour family whose personality or behavior is very different from yours andexplain why.
72. An environmental groupis planning to organize an activity to help protect the environment. Whatactivity do you suggest and why?
73. Which of the followingactivities do you think benefits young people the most: doing team sports,talking to seniors of the community, or travelling?
74. Which of the followingdo you think benefits students more: going to field trips, tutoring or doingclass presentations?
75. Which brings you morepleasure? Spending time with friends, studying by yourself, or doing sports?
76. Your friend studies in abusiness school now, but he likes playing musical instrument. What suggestionwould you give to your friend: To keep studying business, or to learn to playmusic?
77. Which of the followingart classes would you be more interested in taking? Wood sculpture, painting orphotography?
78. Which of the followingdo you think is the best way to get to know a new school, joining a one-daycampus tour, spending a weekend on campus playing field, or auditing lectures?
79. What type ofvolunteering work you'd like to do, cleaning the city, setting up more bicyclerails or planting more trees?
80. If you want to choose aplace to live, what kind of location would you prefer and why? 1. A place closeto school or workplace. 2. A place close to your parents' home. 3. A placeclose to a transport hub (e.g. airport or bus terminal)