2018高一寒假英语试卷2018-02-06 10:50 来源：网络综合
1. 本试卷分第Ⅰ卷、第Ⅱ卷和答题卡，共 6 页。满分 120分，考试用时100 分钟。考试结束后，请将答题卡交回，试题卷自己保存。
一、 选择题(共75 分)
第一部分：听力(共20小题，满分 20 分)
听下面5段对话。每段对话后有一小题， 从题中所给的ABC 三个选项中
1. How much can the woman lend the man?
A. 30 dollars. B. 25 dollars. C. 20 d ollars.
2. What does the woman think of her job?
A. Boring. B. Challenging. C. Tiresome.
3. How long has Mr. Whit e been with the company?
A. More than 15 years.
B. Less than 15 years
C. 15 years
4. What does the man think the exam will be like?
A. Easy B. So-so C. Difficult
5. What will the man do with Julia?
A. See a movie.
B. Have dinner.
C. He doesn’t know.
听下面5段对话或独白。 每段对话后有几个小题，从题中所给的ABC 三个选项中
6. What happened between the woman and Gary?
A. They had a fight. B. They became friends C. They broke up.
7. What did the woman tell Gary to do?
A. To be more confident. B. To be more patient. C. To be more friendly.
8. When will the woman learn the result of the interview?
A. Next Monday. B. Next Friday. C. Next month.
9. What do we learn about the woman?
A. She has rich work experience.
B. She knows little English.
C. The director didn’t like her.
10. What does the woman think of the science book?
A. It’s a little expensive.
B. It’s a little cold.
C. It’s a little thick.
11. What was the original price of the science book?
A. Thirty dollars. B. Thirteen dollars. C. Sixty dollars.
12. Which book does the woman buy?
A. The math book.
B. The novel.
C. The English writing textbook.
13. What’s the man’s first name?
A. Ronald. B. Ronold. C. Ranold.
14. When will the man go to see the doctor?
A. On Tuesday. B. On Wednesday. C. On Thursday.
15. What does the man usually do at 4:00 pm?
A. Go to see the doctor.
B. Pick up his kids.
C. Go to work.
16. What’s the probable relationship between the two speakers?
A. Doctor and patient.
B. Receptionist and patient.
C. Saleswoman and customer.
17. Why does the speaker attend English classes?
A. To improve his communication skills.
B. To go abroad for further study.
C. To learn more about British culture.
18. How many classes does the speaker take a day?
A. Three. B. Four. C. Five.
19. Which of the following ISN’T needed to learn English well?
A. Patience. B. Practice. C. Independence.
20. Where do students usually use English, according to the speaker?
A. In class. B. After school. C. At home.
21. It is often said tha t ______teachers have_ _____ busy life.
A. the; / B. / ; a C. / ; / D. the ; a
22. Teachers are often compared ______ candles.
A. to B. with C. for D. as
23. In my opinion, she is _____ to pass her exams.
A. possible B. likely C. probable D. impossible
24. Don’t lie to your mother, ______ she is bound______ the truth.
A. for; to know B. for; to knowing
C. while; to know D. since; to knowing
25. All men are created equal, ______ religion, race or gender.
A. as a result of B. regardless of C. in case of D. because of
26. People tend to _____ as they grow old.
A. set in their ways B. set their way
C. be set their way D. be set in their ways
27. Where a person lives may influence the kind of hobby he_______.
A. picks up B. sets up C. takes up D. breaks up
28. It is _______ that students should be active in class.
A. potential B. essential
C. popular D. prestigious
29. I didn’t understand his intention; his words just didn’t_______ at all.
A. make sense B. make up
C. make from D. make of
30. The president, _______by his guards, was heading towards the conference room.
A. precede B. preceding C. preceded D. precedes
31.We all find it impolite to_______ the teacher when he or she is talking about rules.
A. discard B. avoid C. interrupt D. identify
32. The church near the hospital _______ to 1879.
A. dated from B. dates back C. dates from D. dating back
33. David, your phone______ for several minutes. Why don’t you answer it?
A. has been ringing B. had rung
C. rang D. was ringing
34. Lucy never manages to lose any weight,______ hard she tries.
A. no matter where B. no matter whether
C. no matter how D. no matter what
35. –Thank you for helping me with my chemistry, Miss Li.
A. It’s my duty B. It’s my pleasure
C. Never mind. D. With pleasure
Adam, a young man who had good academic grades, went to apply for a management position in a big company. The director did the last ¬¬¬ 36 .
The director asked, “Who paid for your school fees?”Adam answered, “My ¬¬¬ 37 did. When I was young, my father ¬¬¬ 38 .” Then he continued, “¬¬¬ ¬¬¬ 39 was your mother?” Adam answered, “My mother worked as a ¬¬¬ 40 cleaner.” Hearing this, the director asked Adam to ¬¬¬ 41 his hands. Adam reached out his hands that were ¬¬¬ 42 and perfect. The director said, “I have a ¬¬¬ 43 . When you go home, clean your mother’s hands and see me tomorrow.”
Adam felt ¬¬¬ 44 but did it. His tears fell ¬¬¬ 45 he cleaned his mother’s hands. He noticed for the first time that her hands were so ¬¬¬ 46 . Also Adam ¬¬¬ 47 that it was this pair of hands that washed clothes every day to ¬¬¬ 48 him. After cleaning his mother’s hands, Adam ¬¬¬ 49 washed all the remaining clothes for her.
The next morning, Adam went to the director’s office. Tears in eyes, Adam was asked to ¬¬¬ 50 his feelings. “Now I know what is ¬¬¬ 51 . Without my mother, there wouldn’t be the ¬¬¬ 52 me today. By helping my mother, I see how ¬¬¬ 53 it is to get something done. I have also come to know the value of family relationship. ”
The director smiled, “This is what I am looking ¬¬¬ 54 . I want a person who can appreciate the help of others, a person who knows the sufferings of others and a person who ¬¬¬ 55 put money as his only goal in life. You are hired.”
36. A. interview B. job C. greeting D. dictation
37. A. director B. father C. mother D. parents
38. A. died away B. passed away C. died out D. passed by
39 . A. What B. How C. Who D. Where
40. A. carpet B. floor C. clothes D. window
41. A. turn B. wave C. show D. shake
42. A. rough B. dirty C. strong D. smooth 43. A. choice B. question C. wish D. request
44. A. confused B. scared C. embarrassed D. inspired
45. A. before B. as C. since D. until
46. A. slim B. warm C. soft D. rough
47. A. insisted B. believed C. realized D. wondered
48. A. simplify B. serve C. sati sfy D. support
49. A. modestly B. secretly C. peacefully D. gently
50. A. improve B. describe C. awaken D. hide
51. A. appreciation B. cooperation C. aspiration D. communication
52. A. wealthy B. successful C. famous D. ambitious
53. A. efficient B. creative C. ruthless D. tough
54. A. through B. at C. for D. into
55. A. daren’t B. needn’t C. won’t D. can’t
If I had known then what I know now, I would have taken my father’s advice when I was 18 and I had to choose my major at university. He told me to study outside Italy where there were more possibilities to find a job once I finished university. But I said no, scared of living alone in a different country with a different culture, with a different language, and above all, far from my family and friends. So I decided to go to university in Italy and I chose the one in Rome, my city, which is one of the most ancient universities in the world, studying Communication Science because it was the most common and the most fashionable major six years ago (and still now…). At that age, I w anted to become a sports journalist, but with the passing time, my opinions and my ideas started changing and I understood that I didn’t like my choice. At that time, I realized that at 18 years old, everyone feels mature to decide about his own future. Everyone thinks that the advice that parents try to give is wrong and we are able to decide alone, maybe just with the help of our friends who are in the same situation. This is the worst thought that we can think.
However, I graduated last December with the pride of my parents and I decide, with their help, to come to Toronto and study English. Here I am living the best experience I have ever lived. I often think, “If I had known that living alone in a different country and studying something I like were so nice and interesting when I was 18, I would have listened to what my father told me six years ago.” I try to regret nothing about my choices I have made in my past, but I just think that now I am mature to ask my parents and to listen to them because they have more experience and they know better than me what is right and what is wrong.
56. What can we learn about the writer from the passage?
A. He went to Toronto in order to become a sports journalist.
B. He studied English when he was in a university in Rome.
C. He followed his parents’ advice when choosing a university.
D. He is enjoying his stay in Toronto and his study of English.
57. The underlined word “mature” in the passage means______.
A. having a developed mind
B. good and ripe
C. confident enough
D. carefully decided
58. From his own experience, the writer tries to tell us that______.
A. he still prefers to ask his friends for help
B. parents’ advice is worth taking
C. he doesn’t regret about the choices he has made
D. Communication Science is still fashionable now
Algae(水藻) are very simple plants. They grow in fresh water or salty water. Seaweed is algae that grow in salty water. Seaweed is red or brown in color. The Japanese people use these plants from the sea in many ways. From it, they make a food called Kombu. Kombu is seaweed that has been dried, cooked and pressed together. Then it is dried again and cut into long p ieces. The Japanese eat a lot of Kombu and like it very much.
Japanese farmers often use seaweed as fertilizer. It makes their plants grow better. Many farmers also find seaweed makes a fine food for their animals.
From seaweed the Japanese also get iodine(碘), which they sell to other countries. Iodine is used in many ways all over the world. It is used in making medicine. It is added to the salt we use at the table. Scientists even use one form of iodine to “ seed clouds” when they want rain to fall.
59. Kombu is a kind of ______ according to the text.
A. medicine B. food
C. plant D. fertilizer
60. In the last sentence of the text, “seed clouds” means ______.
A. to make rain fall with human power
B. clouds spreading like seeds
C. the seeds like clouds
D. dropping seeds by clouds
61. The main idea of the story is that _______.
A. Kombu is made into medicine for farmers
B. The Japanese use seaweed in many ways
C. The Japanese eat seaweed when they want rain to fall
D. The Japanese eat a lot of Kombu
We spent a day in the country, picking wild flowers. With the car full of flowers we were going home. On our way back my wife noticed a cupboard outside a furniture shop. It was tall and narrow. “Buy it,” my wife said at once. “We’ll carry it home on the roof rack(行李架), I’ve always wanted one like that.”
What could I do? Ten minutes later I was 2 0 pounds poorer, and the cupboard was tied onto the roof rack. It was six inches long and eighteen inches square, quite heavy too.
In the gathering darkness I drove slowly. Other drivers seemed unusually polite that evening. The police even stopped traffic to let us through. Carrying furniture was a good idea.
After a time my wife said, “There’s a long line of cars behind. Why don’t they overtake, I wonder?”
In fact a police car did overtake. The two officers inside looked at us seriously as they passed. But then, with great kindness, they led us through the rush-hour traffic. The police car stopped at our village church. One of the officers came to me.
“Right, sir,” he said. “Do you need any more help?”
I was a bit puzzled. “Thanks, officer,” I said. “You have been very kind. I live just on the road.”
He was staring at our car: first at the flowers, and then at the cupboard. “Well, well,” he said, laughing. “It’s a cupboard you’ve got there! We thought it was, something else.”
My wife began to laugh. Then the truth hit me like a stone between the eyes. I smiled at the officer. “Yes, it’s a cupboard, but thanks again.” I drove home as fast as I could.
62. It can be inferred from the passage that______.
A. other drivers kindly let the couple go first, because the husband did not drive fast
B. the cupboard cost less than 20 pounds
C. the husband, in fact, would rather not buy the cupboard
D. all the cars followed the couple’s
63. The police will be more polite to those who are______.
A. in great sorrow
B. driving in the gathering darkness
C. driving with wild flowers in the car
D. carrying furniture
64. What did the police officer think of the cupboard?
A. It was so expensive that it needed their help.
B. It was a box for a dead person to be buried in.
C. There might be something stolen in it.
D. It was a big box with some bomb in it.
65. What did the husband think of the whole matter?
A. It was very strange. B. He took great pride in it.
C. He was puzzled at it D. He felt embarrassed.
I. 根据首字母及汉语提示拼写单词 (共10小题;每小题1分，满分10分)
66. He, with a good s_______ of humor, can always keep his companions happy.
67. Gardening, as a simple and inexpensive way to unwind, is gaining p_______.
68. They were all my good friends, so I didn’t have any t_______ getting them to attend the party.
69. From my p_______ of view, it’s quite a sensible plan.
70. They agreed that Barry’s version would probably g_______ people’s attention.
71. Have you ever been treated with a _______ (缺少)of respect by someone?
72. It is wise to have your explanation______(简化) for the children.
73. Nations that are not_______ (自己自足的) in energy face an insecure future.
74. Please_______ (保证，确保)that all examination papers have your name at the top.
75. Then the club's directors _______ (奖赏，回报)him with a free season ticket.
In ______, these classes are optional, but in practice they are _______.
A person who lives near the ocean could easily _______ shells for _______.
Departing directors, on the other hand, get big _______ _______.
_______ _______ to the physical benefits, aerobic exercise has emotional benefits.
A person who lives in an area surrounded by pine forests may_______ _______ of pine needles.
81. Her teacher accused her to stealing the books.
82. Ann was frustrating because she failed the exam again.
83. You don’t have to join in a class or pay money to get aerobic exercise.
84. It’s good manner not to stop someone while they are talking.
85. Someone who shows respect for you is someone you feel you can count.
假如你是长春外国语学校的李放，将参加主题为 “Let’s Ride Bicycles” 的英语演讲比赛。请撰写一份演讲稿，主要内容包括：
参考词汇：低碳生活(low-carbon l ife);节能(energy saving)
注意：1. 词数： 120词左右;
Good morning, everyone,
I am Li Fang from Changchun Foreign Languages School. The topic of my
speech is “Let’s Ride Bicycles”.