1. Nowadays many adults have full-time jobs and the proportion of their
lives spent on work is very high. Some of them are under high stress and ignore
the other parts of life. I think that modern lifestyles are probably responsible
2. Recently years, more and more people choose to live by themselves, why?
Is it positive or negative for the development of the society?
3. Some Governments say how many children a family can have in their
country should be strictly controlled. They may control the number of children
someone has through taxes. Is It sometimes necessary and right for a government
to control the population in this way?
4. Reading story books is better for children than watching television or
playing computer games. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
5. A recent newspaper article reports that a 14-year-old boy who seriously
destroyed his school got a punishment to clean streets instead of being sent to
the prison. Do you think this is right? Or the young criminals should be sent to
6. Some people believe countries have moral obligation to help each other;
others worry about the aid money cannot get to the poor of this world. Discuss
both sides and give your own opinion.
7. Some people think having more TV channels is good because they will have
more choices, while others think it is not good because programs' quality is
lower. Discuss both views and give your opinion.
8. Somebody thinks job satisfaction is more important than job security,
while others hold the opposite view: job permanent is much more important.
Discuss both views and give your own opinion.
9. In the past, people store knowledge in the books. Nowadays people store
knowledge on the internet. Do you think the advantages outweigh the
10. some people believe that the country development benefits from the
high-educated university students. However some people think that the large
amount of young people in university only leads to high unemployment
graduates.Discuss both views and give your opinion.